|>Home||>Newsletter||>Store||>About SYPHA||>Contact us||>Disclaimer|
Subscribe to ezine
Bookmark this site
EditShare Unveils Storage Series and XStream Version 6.0 (21/5/2010)
Enhancements to the award-winning EditShare shared storage solutions include improved workflows with simplified media management and expanded performance capabilities
EditShare®, the technology leader in cross-platform collaborative editing and shared media storage systems, is pleased to announce the availability of Version 6.0 of its Storage Series and XStream shared storage solutions. Part of EditShare's Complete Collaboration product line, the award-winning shared storage solutions are renowned for their true project and media sharing for Final Cut Pro® and Avid® editors. EditShare's user management tools are designed specifically for post and broadcast workflows, providing an ideal infrastructure for editing workgroups. The 6.0 release boasts a variety of stunning performance and workflow enhancements, including simplified media management, optimizations for DPX workflows, and support for dual port 10-Gigabit Ethernet cards.
"Version 6.0 makes EditShare a stronger player in every aspect of the media industry," said Andy Liebman, Founder and CEO, EditShare. "Thanks to phenomenal internal development, our Storage Series and XStream shared storage solutions boast a variety of new features that will tremendously increase performance, especially for high-bandwidth resolutions. Also, for the first time, EditShare shared storage solutions will be offered on Solid State Drives, paving the way for the future of storage. We look forward to showing customers our cutting-edge product advancements."
Highlights of the new Storage Series and XStream Version 6.0 release include:
• NEW Optimizations for DPX Workflows With Version 6.0, users can enable DPX optimizations on a per-Media Space basis, and choose specific optimizations for HD-DPX or 2K-DPX workflows.
• NEW User Groups for simplified administration Version 6.0 allows for the definition of groups of users. Once a group is defined, it can be added and removed from Media Spaces and Project Spaces and managed the same way as individuals. Users can also belong to multiple groups.
• NEW Managed and Unmanaged Space Capabilities Version 6.0 includes the ability to convert Managed Spaces to Unmanaged.
• NEW Media Space Renaming Feature Administrators now have the ability to change the name of a Media Space.
• NEW Versions of Netatalk and Samba By updating to the latest versions of Netatalk and Samba, EditShare ensures the fullest compatibility with the latest versions of Mac OS® X and Windows® 7.
• NEW Graphical Interface Version 6.0 features a sleek new look to bring it visually in line with EditShare's Flow, Ark and Geevs solutions.
• NEW Integration of Solid State Drives Version 6.0 allows EditShare to offer its first shared storage server with Solid State Drives (SSD). A single set of 16 SSDs can support multiple streams of 2K DPX files, 50 or more streams of video in formats including ProRes or DNxHD, or hundreds of audio streams for mixing applications. While SSDs are still much more expensive than spinning disks, the cost difference is narrowing rapidly, and for some applications, they are appropriate today. In addition, EditShare will soon be implementing a new "data movement" capability that will allow customers to intelligently move Media Spaces from SSDs to Spinning Disks when usage patterns indicate that higher performance of SSDs is no longer required for that media.
• NEW Dual Port 10-Gigabit Cards About 80 percent of all EditShare systems ship with 10-Gigabit networking. With Version 6.0, EditShare systems now offer a Dual 10-Gigabit option, providing facilities with greater bandwidth and flexibility.
our news headlines on your site.